Saturday, May 17, 2008

in full effect!

hey hey ppl! it's sat-deh mawnin'..the first week of exams is over and...im so relieved. Anywho, i do have 3 more to take this month, so i'm not too excited..It's been a week of lovely events- exams, saw a bus driver get beat down, and went out on what was 'not a date' but sure-as-hell-felt-like-one. So, you've heard about the exams and that's my reason for being in 'hiding', but let me tell you about the bus driver whose life i was really scared for..so, i believe it was tuesday- the day before my therapeutics exam, and i stupidly decided to take the bus from uni.to the doc's office. CLEARLY not a good idea. As my bus pulls up to euston rd (a really busy station) i look from my seat at the top of the dble decker bus across to a bus driver who was being assaulted. this crazy man (C) punched the bus driver (B) in his face, and stomped on his glasses that had by now fallen to the floor, while screaming "LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO?!?!" - i was like oh shit?!? - and the bus driver didn't respond..he just stumbled back on to bus driver #2 (D) who was also standing outside the bus. 'C' mutters something to B, walks away, B makes his way back up the stairs of the bus, and C swiftly turns back around and punches B in the back of the head AGAIN...and where is D? oh, just chillen - leaned up against the bus - guess he wasn't too swift in his effort to help out his fellow driver B... and you know, while i was trying to be nosey, this guy on my bus is all in my h'ear in the Queen's english "oh my, oh what's goin on? it seems there's a fight?" yes dumb ass! there is a fight, and you are interfering with my listening..uuugh!? don't you hate that..when you're trying to be nosey..lol?! you know, i just wanted to watch the fight just like D..and do not a damn thing about it.
oh, and where were the cops during this 20 min ordeal? in broad daylight?
this stupid event sucked for me b/c my bus driver yells 'LAST STOP.' like their fight had anything to do with us?! and i was still 20 min away from my appt. which i was late for...by 15 minutes! and do you know what the doc's receptionist says, "you're extremely late," in her very best 'cockney'..uummm.. it's 15min. chill out! in america, i would be 'on time' and still wait another hr to see the doc.

and now...on to my 'not a date' siiiigh. i was supposed to go this club 'tamarai' with my friend elle and her frieend verner. elle cancelled and i still wanted to go, so i met verner at the club. first off, this club was in covent garden so it's supposed to be nice, but was either going to be a dull crowd, or a really good one..nothing in between.

soo...umm, no. not cool.tamarai was nice. check! dull crowd. check! i mean everyone was white and brown- no black ppl except like 2, and i know i was only one of 2 black women there. quite obv! anyway, verner wasnt even cute and he kept trying to dance with me, and i ALMOST felt bad cuz he did buy me a drink, but that DOES NOT guarantee you a dance eventhough we met there and we have a mutual friend. Oh well. and then i told africa this lie that i dont dance with guys in the club...
Do you know what verner says? "well, in cameroon, where im from, when you dont dance it means you just dont like the person, well im thinkin you're spot on (insert Queens english), because i am not attracted to you!

I couldn't even really check out the eye candy because he was lookin like my damn date so it wasnt like i could talk to anyone. I saw this brown guy that i was eyein the whooole nite standing near me- (i don't want to assume he's indian but how wrong could i be?) im like INDIA looks cool as hell, yes he was fine, but he was jus silly u know, like people from back home, and so of course, I'm trying to properly situate myself near IDNIA, but mr. camaroon aka verner was blocking. block-ing!
Another fren apparently txt'ed me while i was at tamarai, but of course i got it 2 hrs late. damn delayed msg's! and no one calls in england, right.... just txt, so if u miss a txt its crucial. Damn my friday nite.Damnit!

No comments: