Monday, September 24, 2007

PRIMARK it out.

ok...so, in the midst of running errands, yet again (don't ask), i meet up with my flatmates @ PRIMARK. first of all, i am going into PRIMARK in oxford circus b/c that's where one of the school campuses is located and therefore it was convenient. i know oxford circus is a tourist-y area, but still.....

now, i'll jus meet my flatmates there, no biggie. WRONG! let me tell you, how de whooole of london was in this PRIMARK dept. store which had all of 2 floors?!? i know the shirts for £1.50 or jackets for £15 are enticing..but de whole of london in this one store?! let's see what i can compare this to in the US-- hmmm...target? wal-mart even? but oon steroids! mind you, ppl of all ages were in there shopping - and this is at 14:00..so it's not lunch time nor is it after work! kids are in there, teenagers, wtf?! GO TO WORK or SCHOOL or sumpthin..i'm telling you, the only ppl that work in this country are retail salespersons and restaurateurs. yy? b/c everyone is either shopping/eating/ppl watching while they're eating/maybe-if-they-feel-like-it-working.

something is amiss with the work ethic here.

speaking of which..
everyday i take the tube there's always some hopeful w/ a guitar or piano waiting to be discovered..yuh know?! someone desperately showcasing their true TALENT while receiving a pittance, as opposed to this handicapped (leg-less) man "blowing" into a whistle blocking my way in the middle of oxford st. begging for my spare change on my way home..now, i know this man was cripple, but he had NO REAL TALENT..he's jus 'blowing hot air' (literally and figuratively) into this whistle expecting me to pay him..when he's not really working for his pay. hell no!

the shoppers @ PRIMARK (besides us students and real laborers) and this "whistle-blowing" cripple need to get their sh*t together!

2 comments:

Reeni11 said...

LOL.. I told you.. Me and Marie thought we were the only ones.. All the ppl of london do is shop ALL DAY long. No jobs i guess cuz everyone is ALWAYS on holiday. And I have no idea how in the hell they manage to do that cuz everything is sooo hexpensive. Well I guess i'm just hatin cuz I can't do it to.

Petagae said...

I'm loving this blog! I laughed out load then read it to some of my friends.