Sunday, September 9, 2007

day one:SE19

Depart MIA 8:05pm on 9/8/07--Arrive LHR 9:35 am on 9/9/07.

Did you really think I could fly to London without aaany problems?? yeah right.
Anywho, the whole clan drops me off at the airport (pics to follow), my dad and i check luggage, go through security and *bam*.

Ordeal #1. i have liquids in my carry-on. now, you know the security attendant asked me about 3x if i have liquids and each damn time i answer no. then of course, my dad is arguing with me in front of the security personnel like i told u not to bring liquids and blah blahh. im like, how da hell did liquids get in there? oh yah. i put them there after i took a shower this morning..grrr8..so i was pissed i had to toss my good keracare shampoo,face care products, lotion...i was UPSET...but it beats checkin in xtra luggage for $100.

Ordeal #2.
While waiting at the gate before boarding, my dad of course calls my mom, tells her this blown up, overly exaggerated story that I was arguing with the security personnel and that i had to toss my liquids...now,stop. please. I was arguing with YOU dad b/c you clearly were embarrassing me in front of the security checkpoint area...but of course my mom doesn't hear that story. the truth is never told. at this point i wish i came solo. we board the plane and i receive a couple of last goodbye calls and well wishes before the plane takes off.

Ordeal #3
Since the nite was going oh-so well- why not expect more issues?
so, now i'm on the plane all comfy with mini pillow and 'blanket' given to coach class. i'm sitting next to a chunky version of 'elian gonzales' and his mother...except elian and his mom were brazilian. how do i know this? WEEEELLL. im sitting all comfy and this mother redirects the cold ass air vent on to me. i hate being cold! so, i nicely redirect that redirected airvent right back to the middle. she starts gesticulating and speaking to me in str8 portugues. do i speak portugues?!? nooo, but i just nod and smile like i know what she says. all i know is that my ass is cold and if you touch that vent one more time...

Ordeal#4
mannnn...i dunno what i ate, but i was feeling queasy after dinner. i drank ginger ale, relaxed for a little, but then still felt queasy. this cycle went on for about 3 hrs. at one point i was going for the ale and spilled that ish all over my pants and 'blanket' , so you know i spilled that ginger ale all over myself. LITERALLY. the nice male stewardess gave me a real comforter and real pillow from business class...i guess i felt a lil better.oh and if i got up to walk around i felt dizzy so the flight was kinda a flop..

in any case we arrive safely @ heathrow..head out to SE19..an area just north of brixton.lol. i forget the name.
****************
pz out.

2 comments:

The Vasher said...

that A/C vent blast is just a microcosm of what its going to be like for you over the next couple of months. i pity you...

onus1234 said...

Parents....can't live with 'em.....and that's it. I feel ya girl. traveling is always a pain, but it'll all be worth it!! redirect the redirected vent. LMAO!!