Monday, September 22, 2008

just a weird day..

weird day today....
1. re-vamped CV yet again,
(i mean is it really that horrible? applied for a few more jobs)
2. went to an obama rally in london -yes, I volunteered to canvass and get expat americans to vote..
3. met up with carl- saw tropic thunder weird movie...the theatre was packed! i almost forgot it was monday....but then again, thisislondon and London NEVER sleeps..
4. carl walks me to the train station..and as we're in front of the station, this guy smelling high of weed whizzes by carl and i, and goes into the train station..
(carl takes the bus) but, as i enter the train station of course i end up unintentionally catching up to the weedie guy as i'm walking to my train-- and we have the following convo..
weedie- hey
me- hi
weedie- what's ur name?
me-dyanne
-weedie- oh, as in diana?
me- (thinking: did i say dyANNE? or did i say diana?) - no, as in dyanne
weedie-where are you from?
me-miami
weedie-oh, i'm from senegal.
me- o,ok, africa.
weedie- i guess it's a place you've never heard of, so it must be africa, right?
me- (puzzled look: did you just insult me b/c of my american accent -happens alot here- or are you being serious..where is this convo going?) umm, no, i know senegal is in africa...?!?
---yes! my train arrives hust in time..I'm praying this man doesn't board with me..yes! he takes the southbound train, and i the northbound.SAFE!

but now, i board the train, iPod in ears, and i hear this odd thumping noise over the sound of my music... i turn around to see this guy "tap-dancing" in men's dress shoes putting on a show for us, begging for us passengers to place change in this green plastic bag. umm, no dude, try harder..please..you could've at least been tapping in tap-shoes?!? no money for you dude.

London is just chock full of the crazies, but i must say, it is entertaining, so lons as you never pay the beggars on the train or engage in convo w/ 'weedies' on the street....
that's the ending to an otherwise eventful day in london town.
lawd, i need a job..

No comments: